WAGS ON WHEELS TRANSPORT GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
We are a low-cost transport option for animals needing to be moved due to adoption, rescue transfer or other reasons. We provide a loving road trip in a humane environment to those in need of our services . Although we are rescue based, we alsotransport for private individuals, and licensed breeders. We are located in the Midwest, but we accept transports nationwide. Our standards are high and aim to exceed all USDA requirements and rules. We are professionals who care how animals are treated during transport. In 2019 alone we did 70k miles on transports around the United States. We have successfully transported 100’s of dogs, cats, and even a few horses, pigs, fowl and goats. We started transporting about nine years ago in 2011 for local rescues, and expanded to multi-state transports soon after. We own a rescue and our transport subsidiary was formed to help ends meet for the rescue. Our day to day rescue operations, vet costs, and pet food bills usually far exceed the amount of donations received. If you would like to help us with those costs directly, we encourage you to donate here.
When requesting an estimate please fill out the request form as complete and accurately as possible. We will get back to you as promptly as possible. We reserve the right to add and collect additional fees if we are not given accurate information. We are currently only offering ground transport by private vehicle/trailer at this time. A flight nanny option may be available in special circumstances.
How to get an Estimate:
1. Accurate pickup and drop-off locations including address, city, state, zip. If you need in-state only transport, please email us.
2. Accurate size of animal along with breed. (height, length, and weight)
3. Health certificate verification or date scheduled.
4. Date needing picked and estimated drop-off date. IF it is a puppy, kitten, or other young animal, the date it's eligible to be transported (8 weeks minimum) if you are a rescue outside these requirements please contact us, before submitting a request.
How to fully book your transport:
1. You will be contacted with confirmation of request. You will be emailed a transport contract, and health questionnaire outlining details discussed, along with estimate of services that must be completed and returned. Please attach all required documents with your completed contract, this includes the health certificate, or date it will be issued.
2. Once you decide to book and your documents are returned, you will then be instructed on how to send your non-refundable deposit of $100.00 or 50% of estimate whichever is greater.
3. Do not send a deposit until you get the approval from WAGS.
Deposits and fees are non-refundable!
The most accurate ETA is on pickup or drop-off day. If you are unable to be at the agreed pickup or drop-off, have a backup plan. You will have plenty of notice prior to our arrival. Upon arrival, we will only stay 30 minutes. We have other customers expecting us to maintain our scheduled times. If we agree to stay more than 30 minutes, you will be charged an extra $15.00. If we agree to stay, until someone can arrive, you will be charged $30 per hour. Otherwise, we will leave and continue our deliveries.
Multi-State Transport fees:
We do Private/Semi-Private Ground Transport on a fixed route developed by us in advance, prior to, or during a scheduled route.
• 30-45 cents/mile (based on the size of pet) from exact point of pickup to the exact delivery point. (Minimum payment of $165.00)
• Each additional animal (same sender) $75 - $150 based on the size of the animal.
• $50.00 - discount if we stop for other animals along the way after your transport has been booked.
• Rescues may receive additional discounts and priority.
Note: We look for other pickups/deliveries along the way to save you money and give you a discount.
Payment for Transport
All PayPal deposits must have in the notes: Names, addresses, and phone numbers of all parties (pickup and delivery points) If needing to pay by venmo, cashapp, facebook payments, or walmart please let us know when requesting transport. All deposits must be received prior to pickup.
Balance due will be invoiced to you and will need to be received prior to the animal leaving the transport vehicle. You may pre-pay for the entire transport balance when you pay the deposit.
Note: We are a 501c3 non-profit organization, fees are tax exempt.
While On Transport:
1. We will keep in contact with you along the route. You can call, text, or Facebook us at any time. We will get back to you as soon as possible. We also do occasional facebook check-ins, and post photos.
2. If we must stop to sleep, for weather, or emergencies, we will notify you of stop and start. We are not responsible for weather, traffic conditions, or unforeseen occurrences during our trip.
3. We stop every 2 hours to check on all the animals and provide water, food, and potty breaks to those needing it. USDA requirements are every 4 hours.
4. Animals who have not had full vaccinations are considered no paws on the ground, and they stay in their kennels. No exceptions! These are USDA Rules -not mine.
5. Kennels cleaned minimum of three times a day unless the need is greater.
6. If we are tired, we stop and rest for our safety, and the safety of those onboard. Your animal’s safety is our number one priority.
Be advised, we do our best to work with everyone and try to accommodate everyone. The route is subject to change based on the number and location of each booking. If you have any questions, please contact us.